Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Finalizing the Trackage

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet perspiration"
- Peppy

Ok, let's finish up the trackage. We know we have to put a siding in at Madimi. My thought is that to run more than one train we should put in a midpoint siding on the mainline somewhere between the mine and Madimi.

And it shall be know as Agua Caliente, for those of us that are Clint Eastwood fans.

This passing shall be directly under the mine and will be viewable from an open port in the side of the fascia. It will have lighting and very shall "vignette" scenery.

There! Now all the track is done. Am I totally happy with it? Nope. Couple of things I'm not crazy about, one being the passing siding at the mine. Sloppy CAD work on my part. But I'll wait until I test run the track to fix it.

That's all the trackage!

Now, let's put in the benchwork fascia and see how the aisle come out.

I did correct some trackage. The loco servicing track had to be flipped as it was causing the benchwork to get unessecarily wide. Another mistake I corrected is the Agua Caliente passing siding which had barely one foot of passing track usable. I made it longer.

But, Scott, I can't tell where the tracks are going over or under or whatever! Can you put some grade markers in? Sure! It is time to do a grade check anyway. I'll get to work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment